Put your passions into practice. Getting highly skilled in your favourite area of study means that you could end up with a number of widely recognised BTEC qualifications. It’ll help you in the future when you’re talking to possible employers. They should already be impressed that you’ve been a cadet, but BTECs will really show them what you’re made of. We have a range of vocational qualifications available to you, through either ourselves or the Cadet Vocational Qualification Organisation (CVQO). Here’s a quick overview:
- BTEC Certificate in Aviation Studies (equivalent to 2 GCSEs, A-C grades)
- BTEC Award in Aviation Studies (equivalent to 1 GCSE, A-C grade)
- BTEC First Diploma in Public Services (equivalent to 4 GCSEs, A-C grades)
- BTEC First Diploma in Music (equivalent to 4 GCSEs, A-C grades)
- ILM Certificate in Team Leading – Level 2 – ATC cadets only
City & Guilds – cadets can also benefit from certain vocational qualifications in management, as can our volunteers.
PROGRESSIVE TRAINING SYLLABUS
The delivery of a modern and dynamic Progressive Training Syllabus is an essential element of the RAF Air Cadets 2020 Strategy and the Cadet Forces 2020 Strategy.
The new PTS has been designed to allow all cadets to engage with a wide variety of training activities from the day they join the RAF Air Cadets.
Advancement, through a series of progressive awards at blue, bronze, silver and gold levels, aims to provide opportunities to enhance skills and achieve nationally recognised qualifications and awards, whilst at the same time, building confidence and developing teamwork and leadership qualities.